Friday, September 16, 2005

Fun with Komodo Dragons


Okay, this is one my favourite movies. Krista and I watched The Freshman the other night. She hadn't seen it, and I hadn't seen it in years. It was made in 1990, but I think it really stands the test of time. It stars Matthew Broderick as a young film student in New York City, who gets involved with a Godfatheresque Italian businessman played by, well, Marlon Brando. It is a very funny movie that involves, in my opinion, some great comedic scenes. For instance, I really like it when Brando puts seven or eight spoonfulls of sugar into Broderick's espresso. Then there's another good one with the Komodo dragon (yes, big lizards play a main role in this film), where the character played by B.D. Wong scolds the beast for being "a very disobedient dragon." And then there's sort of an animal rights sub-theme, and some great scenes with Broderick's theatrically vain professor... who is that actor? Also "Curious George" references... how can you go wrong?

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Great Movie....funny. I loved it! :)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home