Friday, September 09, 2005

Happy Birthday to the Best Brother in the World, Hurray!


Today, my good old Pal Gabriel F. Lanteigne turns an illustrious 28 years old! Gabe and I met back in 1994, when I was in Grade 10, and he was in Grade 11 at Chilliwack Senior. Our mutual pal, and my best man, Ryan Wugalter introduced us in the foyer where we all used to hang out. And one of the first things that Gabe said to me was "so, I hear you're a brother," by which he meant at the time a fellow Christian. And I nodded solemnly or something like that. Anyway, I pretty much thought that Gabe was amongst the coolest guys I knew, and I still think that. Whether it was camping up at Tamihi or eating those bizarre gummy candies at his house in Greendale or going to see Eric's Trip at the ANZA Club, I will always remember Gabe as this sort of shining light of my youth. We went through a lot of things together... summers and campfires and the time I put a nail through my foot and Gabe drove me to Emerge. Singing "Sand" walking up and down to Lindeman. Singing Rushing Wind at the top of our lungs driving in the General Lee. Coming to the strange and beautiful oasis of our shared Orthodox faith (can't remember, Gabe, did you prefer Oasis or Blur? And then, over the years, Gabe was always there for me as a great friend whenever I was back in Chilliwack, and talking on the phone too. Seeing Gabe and Amy together has also been such a rich blessing, too. And now a little one on the way! Having you here for our wedding was such an amazing gift! I feel like I have much more to say... but for now, Happy Birthday Gabe. God Grant You Many Years!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday gabriolo.
many years indeed.
hugs to you + ame + Little Bean.

-kim

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, look at that picture! If I had any more face...I would um...be like...you know... a totaly big... face guy...or something. And apparently I can't tighten a tie to save my life either. Good thing my ultra-super-handsome-ness powers make up for my poor motor skills.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you too Matthew and Krista!

- Amy (and baby)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home