Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dolce Domum

So this past week has been somewhat of a return to normal life for me, as I've been back to work after the Group of Twelve. But, the strange part of it is that Edmonton has been experiencing an extreme heatwave this week, and also Krista has been working evenings (3-11pm). So, basically, I've been "home alone" in the sweltering Edmonton evenings, patiently awaiting my nightly drive downtown to the Royal Alex Hospital to pick up my beloved wife. (Here's a picture of Krista on our steps). I've been trying to do some practical things such as: laundry, gardening, and writing my essays for the "Canon Law" course I'm taking via the St. Arseny Institute.

That's going slowly, but surely. Last night, using some extremely ripe pineapple, I created a delicious homemade pina colada (sans alcohol):

- several chunks of ripe, fresh pineapple (sprinkled with salt to bring out the sweetness);
- a couple of scoops of very good vanilla ice cream;
- a handfull of shredded coconut;
- a few spoonfulls of vanilla yogurt;
- about a half cup of milk;
- 3 ice cubes.

Blend on high in a blender until smooth (pulse at first). This is a perfect beverage for those 30+ celcius days!

*In other news, the Mighty Parkallen Video Gallery, which I have posted about before, has closed its doors. We were sad to see them go, but Jeff (the video guy) has said they may reopen in another location. So, in the meantime, Parkallen pines for good films and great proprietors like Jeff, Ashleigh, and Alley-Oop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You two and your milkshakes. Actually, I have to confess, I have been making fruit smoothines just about everyday for the last week. It's the heat! It makes you crazy!

I don't recognize the house in the photo Matthew. Did you live there last time we were out? Or is this a new domicile?

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home