Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Forever Again


In honour of Gabe's frequent bouts of nostalgia, I was reading Exlaim! at lunch, and happened to come across the fact that Eric's Trip is getting back together for one show only, early this August, at the Sappy Records Festival in Moncton. Sweet. I'm only beginning to believe that it really was twelve years ago that us raggamuffins piled into Gabe's Honda-matic to see Eric's Trip headline that epic show at the ANZA Club! The one with Tristan Psionic and then-unknown Weezer opening. I sat cross-legged on the floor with Ryan Wugalter through Weezer's set, thinking, "these guys are really good!" And Matt Sharp offered to buy my blue jacket. Julie Doiron and Mark Gaudet were so nice, talking to us before the show as we stood around outside. I still have my ticket somewhere. Julie dots her the "i" in her name with a heart.

On other musical fronts, I think I might buy the new Calexico record.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kimberley francis said...

I've got your PurpleBlue lying about somewhere.

Hey!..that blue coat you speak of.. it was dad's cross county ski jacket, yeah?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Matthew Francis said...

That's the one... I eventually gave it to Chris Murphy of Sloan, thought I wish I still had it!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Mira-cle said...

Hey Matthew!

Glory to Jesus Christ!

G12 is fast approaching! I went on a hike today before Great Vespers and it made me really excited to be going on the big hike this month.

Anyhow, I checked out Calexico's site and love the samples I heard there! Some of it is so latin, and would be fun to dance to. So now I have to ask, do you and Krista salsa dance?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Matthew Francis said...

Hey Mira...

Yeah, Calexico totally has that Latin thing going on. They're awesome.

Krista is an amazing dancer, but unfortunately I never learned growing up. I definitely would like to learn though!

I've been playing badminton a few times a week to get in shape for G12. Should be awesome.

See you soon!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Gabe Lanteigne said...

I remember that the drummer had huger corn-flake like bits of dandruff in his hair.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home