Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Akathist at Sts. Peter & Paul, Montreal


On Friday night we served an Akathist (a style of liturgical prayer-poetry) in the presence of the Port Arthur Mother of God Icon.


There is an interesting story behind this icon (surrounded by flowers on the left of this image - click on the picture for a larger view). This copy was given as a gift to our Archdiocese of Canada, and will be permanently located in our Cathedral in Ottawa.

You can see a few more photos from my trip to Montreal over here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Awesome photos Matthew! Are you glad to be home? That's one thing I love about travelling - coming home. Even just crossing the border when I've spent the day in the States. I just love the feel of being back close to home - it's safe.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Matthew Francis said...

Yes, it's always good to be home.

Tommorrow I go to cosmopolitan Oyen, Alberta! Cue the Willie Nelson: "On the road again..."

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It sounds like an amazing trip. Glad you didn't fall out of the car ;)

10:15 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

thanks for the pictures! nice to see one w. Fr. L too :) i was just at the Cathedral (ottawa) yesterday for vespers; they are my wens. church, as i go to another one near by :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger cyrilla said...

The icon was scheduled to come to st peters... but alas! too difficult to make happen. It's cool that you saw it. Good to see pics of a few people I know too.
"On the road again... wish I was back on the road again..."

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home