Monday, January 30, 2006

One of "those" things....

Okay, I'll just start with the requisite groanings that I never do this kind of thing, but John threw down the gauntlent, and I can't refuse his challenge. So, here's some biographical material you might like to know... (in convenient groupings of four as in various traditional cultures it is considered to be a 'perfect' number)...


4 jobs
1) Housekeeping at the Rainbow Motor Inn in Chilliwack... was my 'first real job' when I was fourteen years old. It was just on weekends. Kim got it for me 'cuz she worked there and her bosses like her. There was a man that lived there who honestly thought he was a grizzly bear. Strange.
2) Lecturer and Chaplain here, for two years. Brilliant job. I learned so much from teaching... and can't wait to do it again someday.
3) Bakery worker/slave at the Tree Stone Bakery, an incredible artisan bakery here in Edmonton. Just ask me sometime about the twist-tie incident. Or don't... perhpaps it should be forgotten.
4) Researcher for Canadian Heritage. Got to hang out at the The British Museum for over a month back in the summer of '03. So good. Sat at Tolkien's table and negotiated image 'rights and permissions' with British Museum staffers. Thanks to Sandra & Derek for sharing your home with me.

4 movies
1) The Godfather part. 2
2) Gandhi
3) High Fidelity
4) Andrei Rublev

4 places I've lived
1) Trenton, Ontario
2) Calgary, Alberta
3) Manchester, UK
4) Maple Ridge, BC


4 tv shows

1) The National
2) Commander in Chief
3) Hot Type with Evan Solomon
4) Any good cooking shows

4 vacations
1) As a kid I loved the Oregon coast (rode a camel in Florence)
2) 11 countries in Europe in December 2000 was pretty good. Driving straight from Budapest to Calais over night for Christmas Eve was, shall we say, memorable.
3) I'd like to to visit Halifax to see my sister Pam's family there.
4) I'd really like to take Krista to St. Petersburg to meet my Godson Leon and hang out with his parents, and see St. Xenia's Church.

4 foods
1) Burgers from the Rodeo Drive-In in Cloverdale/Surrey, BC
2) Homemade butter chicken
3) Beef tenderloin marinated in Maneshewitz, BBQ'd
4) anything for the old sweettooth... straight Eagle Brand is pretty good.

4 places I'd rather be
1) with Krista.
2) Lindeman Lake
3) Anywhere but the Birmingham Coach Station
4) The Kilby General Store is pretty nice


4 sites

1) Strawberry Bobko
2) Transparent Films
3) Beyond Magazine
4) Good ole'Homestar Runner, seriously!

4 bloggers to whom I'm giving some homework, if they can spare the time...
1) Jesse
2) Isaiah
3) Mark
4) James and Jessica


Have fun with this silliness....

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Ha! Hey, that's great, Matt. Our organization thanks you for your effort. I will follow suit soon.

10:58 AM  
Blogger James said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Matthew Francis said...

Thanks for the tip... I think it should be repaired now James!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home