Thursday, August 11, 2005

and the greatest of these is...


I stumbled upon Matushka Jenny's beautiful blog. www.owllightstudio.blogspot.com
I have to say I am definitely a fan of her work. Krista and I both think she is one of the coolest people we know, though we've only met her a couple of times, including the time when Fr. John poured on the gracious hospitality, meeting us for coffee at 10pm after we missed our afternoon meeting sitting in a traffic jam for two hours on the Island Highway.
Anyway, Matushka Jenny's work is absolutely beautiful, including some tremendous calligraphy like this "love."

4 Comments:

Blogger Team Hagkull said...

Matt! Remember the mandolin on the Portland Inner City Mission Trip. Can't remember the guy who played it, but his kid's names were Cy and Sadie.
It's me, friend - Brad. Saw your pop in Tim Hortons yesterday morning and he passed along your blog address to me. Brilliant stuff. The Lord has blessed you with such a creative mind. We have a blog of our own - weekly updates from our family's site. Go for a visit, will you? www. teamhagkull.com.
You've a beautiful bride my friend - what a blessing of the Lord to see that you've both found each other!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Bald is Beautiful said...

I believe, Mr. Hagkull, it was Les Gustoffson-Zook & I can't remember his wife's name. But I do remember they didn't like any of us you too much. I remember he was fond of Matthew & I Fed us vegitarian hamburgers & played "Punch Peugeot" instead of Punch Buggy.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Team Hagkull said...

LES! of course! I also remember playing some bizarre role-playing game where we had to barter for beads or something like that. I think the point was to observe all the emotions around us as we watched "those without" struggle to survive. Bald is beautiful by the way - good to hear from you Gabe!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Bald is beautiful said...

Gwen! That was Les's wife's name. I remeber standing in a big circle around a fire on our way back from portand & making up stories about our adventure down there & then heading off to the ocean with a few of us kids and Mr. Jerry Pauls or as I refered to him as... Jerrebral Paulsy. That particular trip of course got someone in some trouble but aside from that it was a moment in time I hope to never forget.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home